Sunday, February 26, 2012

Two colors?

  Got going on the painting yesterday.  I got all the hardware removed from the bathroom walls, wiped down the baseboards and trim edges to prevent cat hair (sort of) and masked off the edges and the division between upper and lower colors.
   The aqua went on wonderfully.  I will be using this Behr Premium Plus again.  It's a little spendy, but it goes on very smoothly and really does cover in just one coat.  Once that was dried a bit I started painting with the not-quite-white.  I spent ages sorting through various whites at the paint store, looking for one that was pretty much white, but not completely titanium white, with a little bit of warmth to it.  The one I decided on turns out to be the exact same shade as the primer coat the builders used!  I wish I could have that sort of luck when I'm actually trying to match colors.

Here you can see the aqua paint and both colors on the upper wall.  (the one on the right is the new application.)

              

Seriously, how close is this match?  There's no way I'd have been able to do this if I'd actually needed to!


Today's project will be the front foyer, followed by giving the master bathroom a good scrubdown before I slather those walls with paint.  (It will not match the primer coat already on the walls.)

No comments: