Saturday, November 19, 2011

Oh, right...I have a blog

  Some days I wake up with a lousy attitude.  This was one of them and it hasn't been made any sweeter so far.
  I just phoned the doctor's office to make appointments for my husband and myself.  They have one of those automated answering machines that you have to sit and listen for 12 minutes before you actually get to the "make an appointment" menu.  Last time I phoned, selecting 1 or 2 put me through to a Real Person. Today, "it" asked for detailed information on why I wanted an appointment, including the time I want to come in.  Right.  As if I know when there is likely to be a time open.  *eyes rolling*
   So, enough of that.  Last month, I went to the annual SAGA convention and took a few classes.  For the first time since I started attending conventions, I finished one of the projects!  Not only did I finish it, I had it done BEFORE I came home.  This is the stitching equivalent of a Double Rainbow, my friends.  I'm now plodding along on another of the projects.  It's a size 2 dress which is smocked from shoulder to waist, so is going to take a tad bit longer than the small beaded emory bag.
  Convention was a blast.  I flew to San Francisco a few days in advance and stayed with a friend from my California chapter.  We drove down together, and the drive was quite interesting. We saw lots of (what we think were) almond trees, some olive trees and maybe nectarines.  We also saw a lot of dying trees and areas where fires had completely wiped out some orchards. Apparently, the California congress has diverted water away from agriculture so many areas no longer have irrigation.
   The convention was held at the Hyatt Regency Orange County which is located about 3/4 of a mile away from the gates of Disneyland.  My room faced the park so I got to see fireworks every night.
There were lots of nice restaurants within walking distance and because there were so many, there was rarely a wait to be seated.  This is important if you only have an hour for lunch or dinner.  It was also a smaller convention group than most- for some reason, east and southeast members shy away from Anaheim.   The smaller group just felt cozier.  I really enjoyed the week.
   Since then life has been mostly about going to the gym a few times a week and just putting one foot in front of the other.

No comments: