Monday, February 21, 2011

Those signs of spring I mentioned?

Gone, all of them, under a blanket of snow. It's been switching back and forth between little ice pellets and fat flakes of snow all day. I heard varying reports of accumulation of up to an inch to between 3 and 5 inches. I'm currently betting on at least 3. I went out to buy fish for my new aquarium a while ago and the roads were already getting slick and covered with slush.

Have I mentioned my aquarium? My hubby bought it for me last week. We got it set up and filled with water, added a couple of plants to it and have been letting it mature for a few days. Today I went out and bought a betta, a mickey mouse platy and some red platys to add to the water. Next week I'll add some neon tetras. Choosing fish is fun!

My computer is next to a window that overlooks the four-way stop in front of the house. I've been watching cars and trucks slide through the intersection and skid around the corners for the past 20 minutes. I'm glad I don't need to go out again tonight.

No comments: