I'm still working on my party dress. Appliqueing the points around the neckline is taking much longer than I'd anticipated. I've only got one finished, two are half done, and I've got 5 more to go before I can start on the hemline design.
I had to mess around with the method of applying bias to the points. Had I got it right the first time, I'd have 3 or 4 of the things finished already, but it took me a while to remember the best way of going about it.
This poly satin is a bear to work with. It snags easily, it slips off the work surface far too often, and it's difficult to get the creases pressed in or out of it. More accurately, if I want a crease in, it refuses to stay pressed. If I want one out, it stubbornly refuses to succumb to applications of heat, steam and pressure. I so much prefer natural fibers, but this quantity of silk satin would have cost a small fortune.