Thursday, June 20, 2013

On the Joys of Sewing with Cats


I love my kitties.  I do, really.
Stitching with them in the same room can be a bit of a chore, though.  Kali and Loki are pretty sure they are fabric weights and that once they are ON the fabric, it is supposed to just lie there until they're ready to do something else.  Loki likes to eat patterns and pull pins out of my pincushions.
   Bes has decided he is an embroidery fan.  He plopped himself onto my lap a while ago.  This also happened to be on top of all my threads and my embroidery scissors.  (of course it did).  After several minutes of head-butting and rubbing allll over my hoop he settled down...until I started stitching.
Oh, Boy!  Im'a bite that!   He managed to get most of one strand swallowed before I was able to grab it and pull it out of his maw.  Ewwww- slurmy floss.
   Despite this, I managed to get all 8 thousand french knots done in the center of the sunflowers I was working on.  Next up, blanket stitch flowers.  Pity I can't remember how to start them....  :)

No comments: