Saturday, January 23, 2021

First sign of Spring?

 

I was sitting at my dining room table reading when suddenly I heard a "chip!  Chip!!" outside the window. 

"That sounds like a robin", I thought, so I got up to look.

Sure enough, there was a robin in the flower bed.  He currently seems to be having a territory war with a mockingbird. I feel like doing a Sybil Ludington and racing around the neighborhood yelling "the redbreasts are coming, the redbreasts are coming", but Covid precautions make that a little irresponsible.  Instead, I shall sit here enjoying the continuing "chip"s of the harbinger in my garden. 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It's as well the robin and the mockingbird don't see you as competition - the last thing you need is to get caught up in an avian turf war!

Unknown said...

Haha I can just see you running around in sheer excitement, how COVID makes us appreciate the little things of life. We also have robins in our garden, they are very territorial. Thanks for dropping by my blog, even if you don’t speak Dutch at all, there are enough photo’s to get the picture 😉 Birdblocks is closed, Merel couldn’t cope it anymore with her health issues, we were sorry to hear.