Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Christmas is Coming



Because I have so few examples of my stitching I thought it would be a good idea to volunteer to make holiday dresses for my great-grand-neices.  I had one in mind, but when I sent the link to Classic Sewing Magazine to their mom, both girls decided they liked different dresses, and because I'm a good Auntie, I said "suuuure". 
  Photos of the dresses can be found here on the magazine's website. [scroll down about 3/4 of the way).  Aria chose Glitter Garland (p 15-16) and Emma was partial to Peridot, Peals and Beads (p 13-14). 

Here I am now, with $200 worth of silk dupioni, $30 worth of lace yardage, a pile of notions and absolutely no motivation to go upstairs and sew. On the plus side, the hubby switched the lightbulbs in the sewing room fixtures and the rooms are super bright at night, now! 

My original plan was to have the dresses finished and mailed off so they could wear them for Thanksgiving as well as Christmas.  I may have to re-think that unless I stitch fast.

I still can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week.



 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sending encouraging thoughts....!