Saturday, September 8, 2018

Sewing Room Updates

In the past couple of months I have:

organized most of my magazines and donated or recycled ones that I've finally admitted I'm never going to use again.   I've not weeded out my Threads yet, but I think I'm going to buy past issues on disk and donate the paper copies. 

Cleaned off my computer desk, shampooed the carpet around it and installed Viking Premier +2 Ultra (for Mac) on my Mac.  I've even read some of the manual and played around with the features  a little. 

Cleared out some fabric that no longer appeals to me.

Made a Christening Dress for a client.  I still need to finish the slip, but want to do a monogram on it and have to figure out how to manipulate Ultra to design one.  Or find one I like online and do it by hand...

The annual Smocking Arts Guild of America is coming up in 9 days and I need to complete three items to donate to the Wee-Care charity,  do some fun homework for one of my classes and finish up a silk ribbon project for a friend who is also going.  We're trading my work for one of her Featherweight machines. 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Even read the manual? Now I am deeply impressed!